Friday, May 15, 2009

Catching up with Andrew Buckworth

The internet is an amazing thing. The interview was done in the morning, the photos were taken in the afternoon and the complete package is up at night. Can you say FRESH!? Now if you haven't figured out that trick up here, it's a handplant flip over the spine. Andy Buckworth ain't no joke.

Hi Andy, where are you at right now?

Buckworth: Napolitan's house at State College in the USA.

Who all stays in that house?
Buckworth: Me, Anthony and his girl Kelly, aww and the dog

So they invited an Aussie to live with them? How come?
Buckworth: Ummmm because they are amazing people. I'm meant to be living at Woodward right now but it's still a lil bit cold there.

They got no heaters at Woodward?
Anrew: Yeah they do but at the moment most people don't ride till about 5pm so that just leaves me with nothing to do till then so it's better staying with Anthony for now.



Where do you ride now. Anything good in State College or do you have to go to Woodward to really get some good riding in?
Andrew Buckworth: Well every day we drive into Woodward Camp to ride with the rest of the boys.

Do you feel like you're there to "train" or do you just want to ride and people happen to be around to ride with?
Andy: Well, I never really TRAIN. I'm always just happy to be on my bike but if the session is getting going I love to throw down with the rest of the guys, and it's always fun to learn new things.

Is qualifying for the Dew Tour a big goal for you this year?
Buckworth: Yeah for sure!....... that is something I really want to do just, because I love riding contests and well, really that's the biggest contest of the year so it looks like fun lol.

Have Daniel Dhers or Anthony Napolitan given you some tips yet?
Andy: Yeah every day

But first you're going to France. How excited are you for that trip?
Andrew Buckworth: Wow it's like a dream come true. I couldn't believe it when Sean told me. I was stoked. Apart from the nervs of traveling I haven't traveled all that much so I still get nervous but it will be an amazing experience.

So good times ahead. I understand you've got a photoshoot coming up this afternoon. Don't push it too hard, okay?
Andrew Buckworth: Hahahah yeah I already know what I'm going to do for the photos so it should be all ok :)



Pictures by: Josh Kirtland

-