Thursday, May 28, 2009

An update from Ryan Guettler. Vive La France!

What’s up guys, I'm on my flight home from the F.I.S.E comp and Mirraco photo shoot in France. Had such a fun time. The comp was sweet as, it’s pretty much the start of the comp season and everyone was on their game. Over 85 pro riders in street and to cut that back to an 18 men final... so insane. It took all day with only one run of 45 seconds and then a last trick. Mark Webb killed it and got top spot and kept it up the next day to win the comp also. I ended up in 4th which I'm really happy about considering I crashed in my 2nd run on a 720 whip and popped both shoulders out of sockets. I was bummed but because of the hype of the crowd and just the vibe of the comp I ended up riding my 3rd run and last trick which was a superman flip. The crowd all week were crazy I heard that over the 3 days there were around 450 000 spectators.

Dirt was big jumps and had a super small last set which I wasn’t really feeling. The whole night it felt like I was battling TJ Ellis and I was right. He won and I got 2nd. He had a super good last run so I thought I might be able to 1080 the last set which would have been the smallest jump I've ever done one on but I got around 1030 and slammed really hard on my face eating rocks but I'm glad I didn’t take out any teeth.

After the comp the Mirraco boys took the 4-hour train to Paris to ride street and shoot photos for the 2010 catalog. We were there 4 days and saw a lot of history which I loved, I really want to go back to shoot photos and ride more street. We got taken to some of the best spots ever.

Ryan Guettler