Saturday, July 11, 2009

Meet Nigel Sylvester at these Mirraco dealerships

Nigel is doing a tour for Gatorade and they are stopping at 2 Mirraco dealers this weekend. We asked him some questions about this tour:

Hey Nigel, next to doing a shop, riding comps, doing photo shoots and more, you are now doing a Bike Shop Tour. How did this one come about?

Well I really wanted to do a tour where I can touch and connect with people who are into bmx on a more personal level. I approached Gatorade with the idea, they seemed siked and decided to back this project. The name of the tour is "Because I Grind" and it stands for two things, obviously I grind on my bike but also the grind and work I put into every aspect of my life.

Are you going to present at all these stops yourself to ride?

No, I did the ATL and Miami stops with Mark Gralla aka ratkid and Dave Belcher. As I move towards the west for the Vegas and Cali stops I'm going to link up with E-man and Boy.

It looks like you're going coast to coast with this one?

Yeah I really want this tour to reach as far as possible. I feel the more people I can reach the better.

What's the plan, can people join in on the Demo Session? Are you going to hit the streets?

At each stop of course people can join the demo I really want to experience each scene and connect with the people. Of course I'll be hitting some street in each city.

Why should people come and check it out?

Because I Grind.




















-