Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dave Mirra Bio

Did you have a nickname when you were younger?

DM: Mirracle boy


What were some things you and your friends did for fun as a child?

DM: Riding after school was always my thing but occasionally tennis and basketball were juggled in.


What was something you did that was really scary?

DM: We used to dive off bridges into the creek. I still sweat thinking about those days.


When did you attend your first contest? Who did you look up to there? Did you get his autograph?

DM: My first national contest was the AFA masters series, Columbus Ohio in 1987. My favorite rider was Dennis McCoy and I did not get his autograph but I did get to ride with him. I was so stoked.


What activities did you enjoy in school?

DM: Mainly basketball at lunch and lunch. Haha.


What was your first occupation/job? Your starting salary?

DM: My first job was a dish washer and unfortunately it was like $3.75 an hour.


When did you get your first BMX bike? What brand was it? How long did it last?

DM: My first bmx bike was a used Schwinn Predator. I kept it for a while. My first freestyle bike was a Haro FST in red. Remember Brian Blyther...


Do you recall any night time street experiences?

DM: Some of the best street rides were with DMC in San Fran and New York. So much fun.


What is the raddest thing you've ever seen?

DM: My daughters being born. Hands down.


What are some of your favorite things to do now?

DM: Ride, rally and family.


What do you like about your life today?

DM: The balance between my career and my family. They fully support my lifestyle.


If you could re-experience one thing in your life, what would it be?

DM: Good question.