Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kyle Baldock wins in Korea!



After a long 14 hour flight I arrived at Seoul Airport at 5:30 pm giving me little time to recover from jetlag and prepare for practice the next morning. At the event there were foam pits and resis to practice on, vert ramps and a great park course. The weather was humid and the sun was showing no mercy, during practice I did a flair turndown and came off and thought I had refractured my foot. I went back to the hotel and iced it hoping it was going to hold up for prelims.

I got to prelims at about 2 pm for a 30 min practice. There were 20 riders and each were given two 45 second runs. For my first run I played it safe so for my 2nd run I could throw out the bangers to increase my score. I ended up pulling my first ever triple whip, I was so stoked. There were many great riders from all over the world. The top 10 riders qualified for finals, I went into finals qualifed first.

The next day I got to the event for finals and KXF informed us that there was a hurricane coming so finals got cancelled so the placings stayed as people qualified for finals. I ended up taking out First place, Kittachai W from Thailand took out second place and Aj Anaya took out third place.

All in All it was a great time and an awesome competition looking forward to going again next year.

-Kyle Baldock