Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mirraco's Clay Johnson bike check



Bikecheck: 2011 MIRRACO Chocolate

-Frame: Mirraco Chocolate 2011
-Forks: Black Label Slim Fast
-Headset: An old FSA that I have had for years, The top bearings are broken into two pieces but they still work haha.
-Stem: Mosh wood grain top load
-Bars: Black Label Slim Fast
-Grips: Shadow Conspiracy
-Bar ends: Shadow Conspiracy
-Brake lever: n/a
-Brake cable: n/a
-Brake caliper: n/a
-Brake pads: Nikes/Vans/Etnies
-Rotor: n/a
-Chain: Shadow Half link
-Sprocket: Black Label 6061
-Cranks: Black Label two piece
-Bottom Bracket set: Black Label?
-Pedals: Black Label Graduate Plastic Pedals
-Seatpost clamp: Built in frame
-Seatpost: no idea some low key pivotal joint
-Seat: Kink Slim pivotal
-Front tire: Animal Tom White Wall
-Front rim: Demolition Zero Black chrome.
-Front hub: Simple Flangeless
-Rear rim: Shadow Conspiracy
-Rear tire: Animal GLR
-Rear hub: Shadow Conspiracy Raptor
-Hub guards: Mutiny

Weight:
I don’t know if I had to guess I would say 23 or 24 lbs.




Parts you go through most often?
Clay:
Chains and Tubes

Who are some of the people who hook you up with parts when you need them?
Clay:
Besides Mirraco/Black Label, homies will hook it up if they have something I need. Peace to Jimmy Serg and Frank. For anything else I hit up Bikers Edge Bike shop.



Do you care about the looks of your bike?
Clay:
I am not too crazy about it, but I like it to look clean and simple.

Are you picky on how it rolls?
Clay:
Yes! It has to be fast.



What tire pressure do you run?
Clay:
Around 90-100 psi, no juice tire!

What are the modifications you made to your bike?
Clay:
Cut the bars and seat post.

Thanks to: Nigel, Ralphy Life, Lenny, everyone at Mirraco! Devin Feil and his brother Jordan, Peg-Leg! Jason for the VX, Chadwick at Shadow for the backwheel, thanks homie! Moms and my girl for being cool about me riding and traveling all the time. PHX AZ, My homies without them I wouldn’t be sh#t! Robbie Owen, Jeremy Hacker, Serg, Nate Richter and all the Krew y'all know who you are DK ALLDAY!



-