Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chris Hughes interview



Name: Christopher Hughes
Age: 23
Hometown: Simi Valley California
Sponsors: Mirraco bikes, LA Pride clothing, Sun Ringle, Vans shoes flow, Team Soil

What made you move to Greenville, NC?
Chris:
James Foster moved here and he made me! Haha I came here on a trip with Team Soil and had a great time. I was really stoked there were a lot of good places to ride park. So I packed my life into two suit cases and I took a leap of faith.

Is Greenville working out for you for the reasons you moved there?
Chris:
Greenville has changed my life in so many ways. It's almost like we have our own little secret society. So many people to ride with and so much to learn.
So I will say yes Greenville is definitely working out for me.



What does a normal day for Chirs Hughes look like?
Chris:
Step one is drink my morning Coffee! Then I usually play guitar for a few hours, Craig Mast and myself have like a little music thing going on, we play music together at least 4 days a week. Do some at home exercises like lunges, crunches, and push ups. Eat lots of food. Then usually ride with everyone at the animal house, from 4:30 until 8:30 give or take. After we ride we all get together and hit the night life. Honestly that pretty much sums up everyday.



Who can you always call if you feel like riding?
Chris:
Kyle Baldock is always down for riding, other then that most people just wait till we ride sessions.

When you ride, do you ride for fun, or do you want to progress?
Chris:
If I'm not having fun I will not progress. So I always try to have fun otherwise it would feel like work. So you could say both.

What bike do you ride at the moment?
Chris:
I'm riding the Mirraco Stalag, and it's honestly my favorite bike I've ever had. It seriously feels perfect for me, it's got a 20.8" top tube, it's really light and it looks really good.



Does it have to look good all the time?
Chris:
Yes, I have to be dressed the way I like, to feel right and when it comes to riding, over the years style has become very important to me. Anyone can do the next gnarly trick but if it looks bad, what's the point. Style is what separates us and defines us.

If something’s loose, do you fix it right away, when you get home, or next week or so?
Chris:
I fix it right away. I hate when things on my bike rattle, it drives me nuts!



If you brake a part on your bike and you don’t have an extra one laying around, where is the place to go to in Greenville to fix it up?
Chris:
Usually I would go to James Fosters' house but he moved back to California!

What are some of the side activities that you’re into?
Chris:
Like I said before I love to play music it consumes a lot of my time. I also enjoy playing with cars and driving them fast on the track. I recently jumped out of a plane and I want to do that more often, it was so much fun. Guettler, Buckworth, Baldock, and myself all have paintball guns and it seems our interest in paintball is growing as well.



Tell something about the “Can’t stop” knuckle tattoo?
Chris:
Haha. Well, Kyle and I went on a trip with Mirra to Kansas City. While we were there we went to a Motley Crue show, and I met a tattoo artist who was stoked on BMX and he invited us to check out his shop. He ended up having a sick shop called "Hollwoods house of ink" in Lees summit mo. We were so stoked we decided to get our knuckles done so I got Cant stop. It has a double meaning, one I ride brakeless and I can't stop haha. Second meaning is it stands for I can't stop being who I am and I won't stop.

Any last words?
Chris:
Live Life, Have fun, Try not to think too hard, and The difference between those who can and those who can't is those who try. Keep riding your bikes kids!



-